Monday, June 27, 2011

The Mam I loved the most


It was during my sixth standard when I saw P.B. Geetha miss. When I first saw her I thought she would be like other teachers but she proved to be wrong. Yes she’s different from others and it seems to be working good. She handled classes effectively and the teacher-student interaction was really good. She doesn’t scold too much in the classes instead she used to motivate.
The year was over and she was replaced by others. I was waiting when again I could sit in her class. Well everything appeared to be moving fast and the day came for me after three years. It was my tenth standard when the same mam turned for history classes.
I remember I will be awake only in her classes and it seems to be, the history once again came alive. The most impressing part of history was about Hitler and the Second World War. It was because of her style of teaching I liked these subjects. She explained us with various maps and the class seems to be lively. In those days I used to study the day’s lesson early enough and sit in the first bench for history classes alone. She asked frequent questions at the starting and also in-between classes. I used to answer at a rapid phase and many times she likes that too and some times she silently smiles at me asking me to shut up but I never did that.
I was so mischievous in class and I used to fail in more than 3 subjects. Whenever my mom turns up for the reports it’s only Geetha mam who helps me out from getting scoldings. She had great confidence in me and I do many times let her down but not at the final time when it matters most.Yes am happy to say I got 94 in history and am the second highest. I just left two marks from getting reward of some thousands. But it’s not the money matters, this time I didn’t let her down. She was very happy about me and her smile and confidence made me do that.
It’s true only the teacher moulds the student and once the teacher cares on the students they used to come good in their life.
Am proud to say, am the student of P.B.Geetha. I very much miss her and her classes.
Thanks to the great madam.
Dedicated to the mam I loved the most.
Hope to see yu again
Mugund 

2 comments:

  1. Theriyum da ne pinjilaye paluthavannu.,mam sight adichathillama atha blogla vera potruka.,athuvum with name., Rascole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dai epo pathalum athavae panuvanada nangalum epoyavathu trinthuvom la.....

    ReplyDelete